Friday, February 15, 2008

Sick, Sick, Sick


Well, the plague has hit us again. The girls both got sick early Friday morning, and commenced to throwing up every hour or so (Mommy didn't do so hot with this development, what with the crazy gag reflex and everything) and being generally pitiful and feeling crummy. Once when I went to check on her, Sadie said, "I feel like somebody is holding me in their arms... maybe it's God." Josie only kept yelling, "Mommy! I throwed up! I throwed up in my bed!" I slept a total of about 20 minutes that night. Saturday was spent recuperating, eating things from the doctor ordered BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast), and watching cartoons on the couch under a blanket. Same thing Sunday... until, lo and behold, late Sunday night, I got the adult version of this same flu. I THOUGHT I WAS DYING. Seriously. It was so violent that I actually burst blood vessels over my eyes (a first for me). It made me feel even worse for the kids than I already did, since I did have some idea of what they went through!

Anyway, I think the worst is finally over. Jesse took them to the library for Story Time, since they've been cooped up in the house for 4 days, and I'm catching up on my Dr. Phils.

A couple of funny things since last time:

Josie: "Mommy! I want some milk! Milk, please!" "Do you know where milk comes from?" A "do you think I'm dumb or something?" look from her... "Yeah, Mom!" "Where?" "From the fridgerator!"

Josie's take on her favorite song (during "nudie-butt time" after baths): "Twinkle, twinkle, little butt!"