Monday, February 11, 2008

Wokka Wokka Wokka!

I'm teaching Sunday School this month for Sadie and Josie's class. Last Sunday was the story of Hannah. Last night when I asked them about it, Sadie remembered Hannah's name, and Eli's (the priest's) name, and that Hannah prayed to God because she wanted a child. Josie said, "A boy. Samuel." I was so excited that they were actually listening! When I DON'T teach, they're always really attentive (I always peek through the window to see what they're doing), but when I'm in charge, they're always out of their seats, running around, trying to get me to hold them, etc. I don't get it! Apparently, I am not much of an authority figure.

Josie's joyous exclamation to Sadie and her cousins after I told her I was making chili: "Ha haha!! Guys! Hey, guys!! Chili beans! Chili beans for sup-pa!"

Both of the girls have been introduced to The Muppet Show and their favorite is Fozzie Bear. They now like to "tell jokes" and say "Wokka, wokka, wokka!" On the way to school this morning, they were taking turns telling "jokes." For instance: "Why did Josie cross the street? To get her blankie! Wokka wokka wokka!" Also, "Why is the stoplight stopped? It's not our turn! Wokka wokka wokka!" They both found themselves incredibly funny, even though their jokes weren't funny in the traditional sense, to say the least. My favorite? One of Sadie's: "Why did Daddy dive into the river all by himself and get EATEN by a SHARK?! Wokka wokka wokka!"

Today was Valentine's Day, and the girls got Valentines from ALL of their grandparents. They love getting mail, and you should've seen them ripping their cards open and the smiles on their little faces when they saw Snoopy, Fairy Princesses, puppies, etc. glittering on their cards. We made heart cookies and had a Valentine's party at school (Josie gave Miss Sue a big hug because she brought the infamous "Jumpy Thing" for them to jump in) complete with an ice cream sundae buffet. Today, the girls sang "Oh, won't you be my valentine, my valentine, my valentine, oh, won't you be my valentine, and love me everyday!?" to Daddy and to Grammie, shouted "Happy Valentine's Day!" to Grandpa and Papaw, and generally ran amok and had a grand old time when we went for a special Valentine dinner (Mexican) and saw the Mariachi band.