Saturday, June 21, 2008

Picking and Grinning

The other day my mom said to Sadie, "Oh, sorry, I was confused." Sadie said, "Well, that's what happens when you get old." Sheesh.

She's also taken to saying, "As a matter of fact..." and "Back in the old days..." like she knows about the old days! I don't even know much about the old days!

Josie, on the other hand, has decided that ACTUALLY is her new favorite word. She says actually this, actually that... it makes her sound much older than 2 1/2!

They were out in the yard with Grammie last week and there was a bit of an incident involving a watering can that they both wanted. It ended with Josie on the ground, Sadie on top of her... both of them yelling and screaming... Sadie grabbed the toy and ran away, laughing, the victor, and Josie threw a tantrum on the ground, hollering her woes to the sky and anyone who would listen. Then suddenly she stopped, jumped up, and ran away. She said, "Well, I was crying, but then I saw a butterfly, and I was happy."

They both went to pick strawberries with Aunt Cindy, Aunt Becky, and their cousins yesterday. They had a blast and picked LOTS of berries. Becky said Josie was the best picker of them all, and went around saying, "Hey! I need a bigger basket!"

Adelaide is doing great... she's getting cuter and cuter, and yesterday she said, "Goo." I love it when you first hear their little voices. Sadie and Josie ask at least 5 times a day each if they can hold her, and they love just looking at her and petting her little head. I, on the other hand, have had a very rough week. I ran a fever of 104 for a couple of days, with chills like I was in the North Pole, and ended up back at the doctor again (after talking to them a hundred times on the phone) and I have 3 different infections... mastitis, a UTI, and my incision site from the C-section. I'm now on high-powered antibiotics, but I feel like I've been in the middle of the 7 deadly plagues or something. Hopefully God has heard my pathetic prayers and I will feel better soon... I'm so tired of being sick and tired (I'm sure everyone else is, too! :)