Friday, June 27, 2008

Dinosauraus

A while back, we went to one of those cook-on-the-table Japanese places. When the chef put the steak onto the grill, Josie said (really LOUDLY), "Is that Mouse Meat?" This is because of one of her favorite songs - A Wiggle and a Hiss - about a snake that hunts a mouse for meat. Needless to say, I'm glad she didn't ask if it was CAT meat. Good grief.

Things have been going pretty well around here. After week of feeling nigh unto death, the antibiotics finally kicked in on Monday and I started feeling a lot better. So much better that I have made an effort to rejoin the land of the living, ie: we went to Sam's Club yesterday AND to get Adelaide's 1 month picture taken AND to the Walking With Dinosaurs production downtown. Sam's was anxiety-causing, to say the least. We had to get 2 carts, and I had to pull both of them to the van, unload, load kids, feed baby, etc. It was hard. I know I'll get used to it, but it's hard! Then we ended up spending almost 2 1/2 hours at the portrait studio because they were understaffed, although we had an appointment, which was irritating! Adelaide did not want to cooperate with the photographer, of course, but the girls did. They cracked me up with their cheesy smiles and goofy expressions. After we were finished and were looking at the proofs, of course the baby woke up and had the sweetest smiles you ever saw. A day late and a dollar short, as my Daddy likes to say. Anyway, the pictures turned out pretty cute. I will try to post one when they come back.

The Dinosaur thing was pretty amazing. Although going downtown is somewhat nervewracking for me (I think I'm becoming a bit of an agoraphobic), the actual show was great. The dinosaurs looked SO real and the kids were fascinated. Sadie couldn't stop talking through the whole show: "What is that dinosaur doing? Where is he going? Why is he so big? What are those horns for?" and Josie just kind of sat there, mesmerized. Every once in a while she would say, "What's that one's name?" but other than that, she just watched. They thought it was really cool... I was impressed that they actually sat through a 90 minute show without jumping around and falling off the balcony.