Sunday, July 06, 2008

Bliss


Every once in a while, you experience a moment of sheer bliss. These don't happen very often... I can count on one hand the times I've had in my life that would fall into this category; today I had one of them. Usually you don't notice it until later... today, for instance, I didn't really realize it until I had 30 seconds of peace and quiet (very rare around here) for reflection:

I was sitting in our yard, watching the sun go down... it was warm, there was a nice breeze, I was nursing my baby and she was looking up at me, Josie had stripped off all of her clothes and was sliding buck-naked into her swimming pool, Sadie was wearing her favorite dress, bicycle helmet, and elbow and knee pads and was riding around on her bike, and Jesse was working on something with a screwdriver inside the garage. It. Was. A. Perfect. Moment.


Suddenly, it hit me: The only things that matter in my life, that REALLY MATTER, were right there in front of me at that very moment. Could anything be more perfect than that?