Saturday, July 12, 2008

Don't fret None

Last Sunday we had a cookout at Beth and Roy's house with some friends that were visiting from England (they have a little girl, Leah, who is 2 1/2). Sadie and Josie were so sweet to her, including her in everything, and calling her "our new friend." Leah is so cute, and her little English accent cracks me up: "Mummy, may I have some more potatoes?" And "I have to go wee-wee." Speaking of wee-wee, while we were there, Josie went to the potty and no one knew it. We were all talking and laughing and then when there was finally a break in the conversation, we all heard this little voice (which had obviously been calling for a LONG time from the direction of the potty): "Mommy!!! Daddy!!! ANYBODY!!!"


The way the girls' minds work never stops making me think. For instance, Sadie keeps saying that her "foot is dizzy." I couldn't figure it out until she said that it felt like it was spinning around and she kept it in one place for too long. So, foot asleep = foot dizzy. Josie, on the other hand, keeps saying, "Mommy, I am sleepy of this." That one was easier to figure out: sleepy of this = tired of this. I think it's so interesting how their brains grow and develop and figure things out.


Adelaide went for her one month check-up on Thursday... she's gained 2 pounds and has grown an 1 3/4 inches! When they weighed her on the scale, she squirmed around like crazy and just about turned over all by herself! The nurse called the other nurses over and said, "Look at this! Look how strong she is!" She did really well with the doctor, and cooed at him and she didn't even cry when he was looking in her ears. I was impressed. She's a sweetie. She's starting to smile a lot more, and she definitely knows when I am around. I love it. Looking at her makes me happy and sad at the same time... happy because I have her and she's so sweet and cute and wonderful and a world of possibilities all rolled up together; sad because I know this is probably the last time for me to be the mommy of a newborn. But I must enjoy it to the fullest extent! I must not fret! Here is her latest picture, complete with a milk goatee!