Friday, July 24, 2009

Josie is Four!

Having a child like Josie is both a blessing and a curse. She completely cracks me up, but that is not a good thing when discipline is involved. Sometimes she'll be in trouble and I'll be trying to reprimand her and I'll have to leave the room so she won't see me laughing. Does anyone else have this problem? She loves life. She lives more deeply than anyone I've ever known! When she's happy, her joy is complete... you can see it in her squinchy-eyed grin and hear it in her goofy 'oyoyoyoy' laugh. When she's sad, LIFE IS OVER and she sobs her heart out and is inconsolable (ie: "I am going to my room and to my bed and I am just going to cry and I'm going to STAY THERE!"). When she's mad... well, just watch out. I honestly don't know what to do with someone that has a temper like... um... like... well, like mine.

We celebrated her birthday all week. On her actual birthday, Grammie came over and we had a special birthday breakfast. Then we went to dinner at her favorite Mexican restaurant, aka the "Mariachi Band Singers' House," where she got to wear the giant sombrero. Sadie was extra nice to her all week, which she thoroughly enjoyed, and Jesse took her to Toys 'r Us to pick out anything that she wanted (within reason, of course). On another night, I asked her if she wanted anything special for dinner and she picked dinosaur chicken nuggets and organic fries. :) Funny. Anyway, she decided she wanted to have a "water party" at home, so we swam, played on the slip-n-slide, jumped in the bouncy house, had a water balloon fight, and roasted marshmallows in the backyard. My favorite quote of the party: "So, are you going to bring out my cake or what?"

Funny things since turning four:

Josie came into the kitchen in her fancy dress-up clothes, gave me a sly look, raised her eyebrows, and said, "Hey, Mommy... Guess what? I'm naked under my clothes."

Josie has decided that the new restaurant down the street is is going to be either "Shaker Slick and Doob," "Ducker Lick and Toob," or "Quaker Dick and Lube." I don't know what that last one means, but it does NOT sound good!