Monday, February 08, 2010

Amen


Josie is sick of listening to the Little House on the Prairie audio books. Sadie LOVES them and would listen to them over and over, all day long. In the car the other day on the way to our homeschool co-op, she asked me to put on "Indian Camp," one of the Prairie stories, and Josie said, "Pa, Pa, Pa, Pa, Pa! Pahhhh!!! I am tired of Pa and Ma and Laura and Mary! That's all I ever hear!"

At school during lunch time, Adelaide, not to be outdone by the older kids, ran all around the huge room - chasing and being chased by - her sisters and some new friends. To my bewilderment, I heard her chanting as she ran: "Nah nah nah nah nah nah!" like, "you can't catch ME!" Where did she ever learn that? :)

The same day, on the way home from school, Josie said, "I am NOT listening to Laura and Mary on the way home! I don't WANT to!" Sadie replied, "You can't always get what you want." Josie came back, "Well, neither can you!"

And to top off the day:
Mommy: "Rock-a-bye baby, in the treetop... when the wind blows, the cradle will rock... when the bow breaks, the cradle will fall, and down will come baby, cradle and all."
Adelaide: "Amen!"