Saturday, February 06, 2010

Moment

The other night I had one of those moments. You know, the ones where you just want time to freeze so you can permanently etch it into your memory. It was a "mental picture" moment, for sure. Sadie and Josie were hanging out at Grammie and Grampie's house, so just Jesse and Adelaide and I went to run some errands. It had just started to snow when Jesse took Adelaide out of the car in her pink fluffy coat and started walking to the shoe store (he needed new basketball shoes) while I headed over to the craft store next door. I just happened to look around at them before I went in the double doors, and it literally almost took my breath away. He was holding her up in his arms, in the cold dark night, while the snow fell down, shining in the glow of the streetlight in the parking lot. He kind of twirled her around while she looked up at the snow and tried to catch some on her tongue. Just an ordinary moment, you know? But something about it made it a moment I don't think I will ever forget.