Thursday, February 25, 2010

Making Mama Proud

Josie: "Know what mices' favorite game is? ParCHEESi! You know, because of the CHEESE!"

Sadie to Josie when she let her try out her new rubberband-powered airplane (courtesy of her Ohio history class at co-op): "You go girl! Make your mama proud!"

And when I brought home some of those all natural Cheetos that the girls LOVE, Sadie made up a poem for them: "Bag or Bowl, I don't care... Give me some Cheetos, or I can't bear!"

Playing Little House on the Prairie, Sadie let Josie be Laura for once and she decided to take the role of Pa. Carrying her sack on her back and holding Josie's bow and arrow (as her gun), she hiked off through the living room muttering, "I'll be back 'fore too long... let me git in here and hang my gun up on these pegs...." I asked her if she was going to bring home the bacon, and Josie said, "I know what that means. That means she's gonna catch a pig!"

Adelaide's new words that I didn't even know she knew until she used them in context (they all have exclamation points because that is how she says them): Peanuts! Scissors! Careful! Princess! Sooct! (scoot) Urnse! (nurse). And my favorite... I said we were going to Grammie's, and she said, "Yay! Boy! Fun! Bammie's! Go!"