Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Sick Sick Sick

It has been a TERRIBLE week for us. Last weekend when Jesse, Josie, Adelaide, and I got back from spending the weekend at a marriage conference with our friends Sonya and Rick, I got SICK. It hit me out of the blue... we had picked up Sadie (she stayed with Grandma and Grandpa so she wouldn't have to miss her first week of basketball classes), had dinner, and come home. We were putting the kids to bed when it suddenly hit me... then I proceeded to throw up 17 times in an 8 hour period. I literally thought I was going to DIE. I even called Mama in the middle of the night to tell her goodbye. She asked me if I'd been drinking! Do you believe that!? I slept on the bathroom floor, curled into a fetal position. Jesse kept the kids (and himself) sequestered from me. He slept upstairs, oblivious to the fact that I was croaking, "Help! Help!" downstairs, because making it to the kitchen for some ice chips was a completely insurmountable obastacle. Long story short, it was AWFUL. Over the next week, Jesse got a sinus/respiratory infection, and all three of the kids (first Adelaide, then Sadie, then Josie) got either one or a combination of both of these maladies. Poor Sadie was really sick... she's a trooper, though, and would just throw up and keep on going. She ended up on the couch for 2 nights so I could come and help her when she got sick... Josie was only sick for a couple of days and she acted completely fine except for throwing up a few times. She enjoyed the babying and the lounging around watching TV and sipping Gatorade part of being sick. My kids have watched more TV in the past week than they have watched in their entire lives! I just gave up and chalked it up to a bad week. I mean, if I wasn't helping one in the bathroom while she was being sick, I was cleaning up boogers and rocking someone else while they coughed their head off. I am longing for spring to GET HERE ALREADY so I can throw open these windows and get rid of all these disgusting germs. Or at least trade them out for new ones!