Sunday, March 28, 2010

Deer!

Adelaide has really been freaking me out lately. Anytime we are in a room and there's a dark corner, or if she's looking INTO a dark room from the hallway or whatever, she'll look intently INTO the dark, point her little finger, and yell, "Deer! Deer!" I wasn't sure what the heck was going on... did we have ghost deer in our house or something? I knew she wasn't just meaning "dark" because sometimes she'll say "Dark! Deer! DEER!" The other night we came downstairs into the family room and she froze on the landing, got this scared look on her face, pointed her little finger into the dark corner of the room, and cried out, "DEER! DEER, MOMMY! DEER!" I walked over to the corner with her to show her that there was no deer anywhere around, but she was inconsolable. Weird.

I finally told Jesse about it, knowing that he would say I was goofy for thinking about this at all, but it happened over and over and over again! He informed me that he and Adelaide sit at the big picture window in the living room at night and look for deer out in the back yard in the dark. Adelaide always points out there and yells, "Deer!" when she sees one. Apparently, she has an active imagination since now she's seeing them INSIDE the house. At least there was a reason, though!!