Sunday, April 04, 2010

Jokey Josie

I went into the girls' bathroom to find Josie sitting on the potty in the pitch black dark. I said, "Josie, why are you pooping in the dark?" She said, "Because I'm nocturnal!"

Last weekend Grampie Don bought Josie a Browns jersey to wear when she watches football with Daddy (she's been envying Sadie's for over a year, so when he found one on sale, he snatched it up for her). She is so proud of it... she wore it around and even slept in it for two days straight. The other morning, after Adelaide dumped out our puzzle of the United States, Josie worked hard to put it together again. When I went to put it away, I noticed that New Jersey was missing. I said, "Josie, where is New Jersey? It's missing!" She said, "I know right where it is, Mommy!" She ran to the bathroom where her NEW JERSEY was hanging and said, "Here it is, Mommy! My NEW JERSEY!"

After an Easter morning candy fest (we had to stay home from church because Adelaide had "hand-foot-mouth disease," of all things), Josie was all hyped up... I heard her singing this version of her current favorite song, 'Old Dan Tucker':
"Get outta the way Adelaide, you're too late to get my candy!"

Adelaide wore around her little fuzzy lamb ears all morning (part of her Easter basket goodies) and later let Sadie try them out. Josie immediately decided that she was Mary (of Mary had a little lamb) and I was the Wolf. Josie came in my room with Sadie on all fours, baa-ing behind her. Josie looked at me and said, "Hey! She's a mean sheep! Be nice to her, Wolf, or she will kill you until you are dead!"