Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wow! NY is Fancy!

Last week was a big week for us. Sadie and Josie had Safety Town camp all week, AND Natasha, Britt, and Bayleigh came up to stay with us for the week. We had a great (if exhausting:) time. We went to an Indians' Game, had a "Donfire," went to a cookout at Beth and Roy's house, went to the beach while the guys had their Father's Day fishing trip, went to the zoo, ate at PF Chang's, and did a day trip to Niagara Falls. That's a lot to squeeze in to one week, but I made the itinerary! :)

One day, Natasha and I went to some garage sales while Sadie and Josie were at Safety Camp. While we were there, the two two-year-olds had an altercation that went something like this:

Bayleigh: "hold hands? Hold hands?"
Adelaide: "no, I not. No like it."
Bayleigh: "HOLD HANDS!"
Adelaide: "no touch! No touch me!"
Bayleigh: "but I LIKE you!"

Bayleigh has an amazing set of lungs... she can sing "She'll be coming around the mountain" like nobody's business. Once, Adelaide and I were in her room reading when we heard Bayleigh coming down the stairs. I said, "I hear Bayleigh...do you hear her?" Adelaide immediately stuck her hands over her ears and shook her head!

Strangely impressed by the tile work and curved sinks in the rest rooms over the freeway on the way to Niagara Falls, Sadie called out to me, "Wow! New York is fancy!" We had a good time, especially on the Maid of the Mist (except for Adelaide, who ran to Jesse and cried "DADDY!" the whole time the mist was actually blowing - she liked the boat ride, just not the mist) and at the Cave of the Winds (which I, the klutzy pregnant woman, opted out of). The girls got completely drenched, which always equals a good time for them.

We were all kind of sad to see Natasha, Britt, and Bayleigh leave. It has been a fun week! After they drove away, we all had a big sigh and then tried to get on with business as usual. Josie poured her very own milk AND Adelaide's milk without spilling a single drop of it. She was so excited, she had to tell the whole family. She said, "Where's Sadie? I MUST go see her!"