Friday, September 10, 2010

Hardy har har

My kids never cease to crack me up... except when they're driving me crazy, that is. These could go either way:

When Uncle Darryl brought over a friend of ours from out of town, they snuck up on Josie, who didn't know they were here. She immediately yelled out, "Yikes! It's a black man!"

At dinner the other night when Jesse sat down, Josie serenaded him with a loud, heartfelt rendition of "You're everybody's favorite guy!"

Sadie and Josie asked me how old I was when I started going to school. I told them that Grammie started sending me to school when I was three. Josie pondered this for a minute and then said, "Well, at least she's nice to her grandkids!"

Adelaide has taken the words "ding dong" into her vocabulary with a vengeance. If something makes her mad, it's a ding dong. For instance, when she can't get the door open, she'll yell, "Come on! Ding-dong door!"

Whenever she's surprised or excited, she'll say, with a roll of her eyes and a goofy grin on her face: "What-ta heck?!" and now she insists on wearing her "poke-it dot diapers" which match her "poke-it dot skirt" and "poke-it dot shirt."

Sadie really put me in my place last week when she said, "Josie, you be the dad, I'll be the mom, and Mommy, you be... well, you're chopped liver." Later on, on the very same day - she said, "You smell like a pig pen - I smell like a rose!"