Thursday, October 28, 2010

What's My Name?



Sadie confided to me the other day that sometimes, when I think she's asleep, she will sneak out of bed, get a book, and "Read by fishlamp light." She's just a regular little old Abraham Lincoln. :)

At dinner a few nights ago, Jesse read to us from a devotional book about pride and how it's a bad thing. The story that went along with the Bible example was one about a little boy who kept bragging to his friend that his dad was better than his friend's dad. Jesse mentioned that we should not brag and try to make others feel bad. Josie, to prove that she got his point, piped up, "Daddy, well, I KNOW that you are not the best Daddy." I almost fell out of my chair laughing!

Adelaide came into the living room today and sang, "Over de wainbow... up high!" then she said, "I'm Widzer of Oz. What's my name?" I said, "Adelaide." She said, "NO!!! I'm Widzer of Oz... what's my name... what's my name? Oh! I DOROFEE!"