Sunday, November 07, 2010

Fantastic

My mom went to church with us today and on the way home (she rode with the kids and me in the van while Jesse stayed late for a meeting) she sang the girls a song she'd made up. It went like this: "Over the river and through the woods, to Bob Evans we go, to pick up the food that I didn't cook to eat for early Thanksgiving lunch, oh!" It was really a terrible song and it didn't fit with the tune very well either, obviously. Well, considering that everything that Grammie does is usually hilarious to the girls, you can imagine her dismay when she stopped singing and nobody said a WORD. Seriously. You could practically hear crickets chirping in the car. I was enjoying the long moments of silence when my mom said, "Well? WELL? Did anyone like my song?" More silence.

Then Josie deadpanned, "It was FAN-tastic."