Sunday, November 28, 2010

Glad You're Here

After Jedidiah's first doctor appointment (just 2 days after checking out from the hospital) we went to Beth's house because I missed the girls so much (and Jesse didn't want to leave me home alone while he finished working). When we came into view of the house, I spotted Josie, all bundled up in her coat and hat, waiting on us outside in the cold. It was so sweet of her to brave the cold... just because she couldn't wait to see her baby brother! Sadie and Adelaide, not quite as brave, ran out when they found out we'd pulled in. Not quite as committed as Josie!

Heard after bringing him home, from both Josie and Sadie: "Can I hold him now? Now? How bout now? NOW? It's my turn! Is he EVER going to be done eating!?" And from Adelaide: "I want to hold he! That my baby brudder." And my all time favorite, whispered in secret to her baby brother as she stared at him while I held him on the couch at Grandma Beth's house, two days after we got out of the hospital: "I glad you here." The sweetest thing I think I've ever heard.

Sadie was a very big helper during and right after my hospital stay. Josie was too, but Sadie seemed to take the biggest sister lead in stride, holding the baby, getting drinks for me, helping Grandma with chores, taking care of Adelaide, etc, etc. I am so blessed to have 3 little mommies who want to take care of "their baby!"