Friday, December 17, 2010

Ha ha!

Tonight we were studying the parts of a plant for Sadie's Science class. One of the questions regarding roots and how they hold trees in the ground was, "What do roots protect trees from?" Her answer, "Well, wind, mainly. Or sometimes Grandpa driving over them in his car."

Grammie Gail was saying the Lord's Prayer for Adelaide the other day when Josie overheard the beginning: "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want...." Josie, with a shocked look on her face, said, "You don't want the LORD???"

Sadie has had an ongoing "puppy love crush" on Ian, our friends' little boy (they live in Texas). When they came up to visit this past summer, he asked Sadie if she thought they might get married one day. Well, that did it for her! She thinks he's the greatest. They were here last week, and after sitting with him and his family at church on Sunday, Sadie and Josie both talked to him after Jesse and I talked with his mom. Josie, who lost her VERY FIRST TOOTH last week (lower right one) when she spent the night with Grammie and was eating a peppermint stick, told Ian about it. She was holding said tooth as she talked on the phone. Suddenly, she dropped it down between the couch cushions. She said to Ian, "Hey, I lost my tooth." He said, "I know, you already told me that." She said, "No... I mean I LOST it!" As they were hanging up, Sadie said to him, "Bye, CUTIEPANTS!"

Adelaide, who always likes to ask, "What you makin?" when I'm in the kitchen, always tells me when I answer (no matter what the answer is), "I no like that!" The other day, when she informed me that she 'no liked' her pancake, her chicken sausage, or her fruit, I said to her, "Well, you just don't like anything." She said, offended, "Uh-huh! I like Caroline and God!"