Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmasy

We had a good, if hectic, Christmas here, although we really missed our family and friends in NC. It was nice to be in Ohio for once so we could do the Christmas Eve service at church (Jedidiah's first debut in public), Christmas Day at Beth and Roy's, and the day after Christmas party with all of Jesse's family at Aunt Cindy's. The kids had a good time with all their cousins, and there was LOTS of present opening to do, even though we all said we were going to cut back this year.


Josie helped Adelaide make a Nativity wreath that came from her Sunday School class. There was a girl angel and a boy angel on it. I asked Josie what their names were, and she replied, "Well, the boy one's name is Harold." I should've known.

Adelaide made up a new song to go along with her Christmas favorites. While she loves Rudolph, Jingle Bells (she loves to yell HEY! at the end), and Away in a Manger, she likes to sing her own little ditty called "Jingle Poop." Yes, it's just like it sounds. She also made up one called "I don't like Christmas lights," which she and her sisters sang when they were pretty much "Christmas-lighted out" by the end of the season.

Sadie wrote a note to Santa so he would know the water and carrots were for Rudolph and not for him... I guess she didn't want to insult him :) and he brought Sadie a Magic Crystal Growing Garden, Josie a "Cook it in a Cup" set, and Adelaide a WHOLE SET of Wizard of Oz dolls! The gifts were all a big hit.

Adelaide and Josie went over to our neighbors' house the other night to play. When I picked Adelaide up (Josie spent the night), Joy (the mom) told me that Adelaide had picked up a little book and sat down to read it, saying, "Dis is my Bible." Cute!

I was teasing Josie about marrying Jack someday, so I could have his mom and dad as in-laws. Josie said, "Well, that's when out-laws become in-laws." And that, my friends, is the last of the Christmas spirit in our house! :)