Saturday, January 01, 2011

Our New Year... much like the old!

We continued our annual New Year's Eve tradition by going to bed at 10:00pm last night. Exciting! Josie and Adelaide and Jedidiah and I went to eat at Bob Evans and then to see Tangled at the movies on Thursday night, so that was as much fun as we could handle. We had to turn in early on New Year's!

Sadie got to go on a big adventure right after Christmas and she's still gone... a trip to NC with Grammie and Grampie Don ALL BY HERSELF. We've been missing her terribly - it was heartbreaking when she left... we waved and waved until she was out of sight and I just had an awful empty feeling in my heart as they pulled away! It's true what they say about having children and having your heart forever walk around outside your body, isn't it? She's having a good time, though... she got to spend the night with Cameron and Caleb and play up there all day, she has Great Grandma's AND Grammie's attention all to herself, and she's been taken out for pizza, ice cream, AND shopping with Mamaw and Papaw. She did call me and leave a sad message yesterday: "Hey Mommy. I just wanted to talk to someone from my family. Great Grandma Genevieve says I can't talk long because it costs too much but I wanted to leave a message because I miss you A LOT. Okay, bye."

This morning Josie sang this sweet little song to her baby brother:
"Hush little baby, you're safe as can be... close your eyes and snore happily!"

Giving Adelaide a plate of turkey bacon for breakfast, I said, "Can you go share this with Josie?" She answered, "NO!" I said, "Why not?" She answered, "Because I'm MEAN!" Well, at least she's honest.