Friday, January 14, 2011

Trouble

This morning when Grandpa Roy left our house, he said, "See ya later, alligator" to Josie. She responded, "See YOU later, Grampalator!"

Yesterday, I was trying to teach Adelaide The Sharing Song. "It's mine but you can have some, with you I'd like to share it, cause if I share it with you... you'll have some too!" After we finished singing it, she looked at me and said very seriously, "Hey... can you teach Josie that song?"

Sadie was singing the song Trouble by Ray LaMontagne... "Trouble...trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble..." When Grammie interrupted and asked how long trouble had been dogging her soul, Sadie replied, "Since the day I was born!"

Sadie has been practicing Checkers over the past couple of months. She likes playing with Grammie (she always wins) and with me (she usually wins) but the other night she played THREE games with Jesse and he beat her every time. He was trying to teach her the ins and outs of the game and some tricks to winning, but she wasn't happy to lose! However, last night they played and SHE WON! She was so excited (and proud that she'd beaten an actual opponent) that she came running to find me and said, "I beat the KING OF CHECKERS! That makes me the QUEEN OF CHECKERS! See? I'm going to sit in my royal seat right now!"

Josie was holding Jedidiah after his bath (he LOVES his bath) and he turned his head and looked RIGHT into her eyes and said, "Goo!" She was beyond thrilled, and said, "He talked to me! He really talked to me! Hooray! I think he said 'Jo.'"