Wednesday, June 08, 2011

She's Killin' Me

Adelaide is seriously cracking me the heck up these days.

The other day, we were riding in the car and I hear her little voice behind me, talking really low but MEAN. She said, "You guys are NOT being vewy nice. You need to just stop it. I said to STOP IT WIGHT NOW." I asked her who she was talking to. She said with a grin, "My shoes. My flip-flops. One shoe is a boy and one shoe is a girl and they are my kids. And they are NOT being vewy nice."

Last week, we were sitting at the kitchen table when Lydia came in for work. Adelaide glanced up, looked back down at her breakfast, and muttered in her low little voice: "And THEN there was Lydia...."

That very same day, Jedidiah was drooling up a storm. His teeth are on the verge of coming in, and the drool is now saturating everything he wears (and some things he's not). Adelaide, unable to resist her brother's cuteness, finally laid a big smooch on him and said, "I kissed him on he's dirty mouf!"

Yesterday, we read the story of Swan Lake and, mesmerized, she kept talking about it for hours. Unfortunately, while she remembered the plotline, she could not remember the TITLE. She renamed the story "The Magic Duck."

Today, when I told her it was almost naptime, she squinted up her nose and eyes, looked at me and said, "Humph! I not takin a nap for the WEST of my WIFE!"