Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fuzzy

"My fuzzy! Whure my fuzzy?"

Jed is always very concerned about where, exactly, his "fuzzy" is. His "fuzzy" is always a tiny piece of bluish green yarn lint that he pulls affectionately from his favorite crocheted blanket -- the one my good friend Sherry from NC made for him before he was born.

Every time he goes down for a nap or for bedtime, he wants to cover up ONLY with his fuzzy blanket and he immediately reaches down and snags a little piece of fuzz to hold between his finger and thumb on his right hand (his left hand is busy, since it is the finger-sucking hand.)

When he wakes up in the mornings, he always brings his tiny piece of fuzzy along with him to climb into my bed to snuggle. If he drops it, he's very conscientious about finding it! And it's always TINY! I love how he's so interested in something so miniscule.

Yesterday when he went outside, he carefully placed his "fuzzy" on the kitchen counter and said, "Mom, I leave my fuzzy, my fuzzy, right dere?"

Yes, Buddy. You can leave your fuzzy with me any time. :)