Friday, January 13, 2006

Oink, Oink

Today was not a good day. Yesterday, I had to have an in-office "procedure," shall we say, done at the doctor's office. We'll just leave it at that. Needless to say, all night last night and all day today, I've been popping Ibuprofen like crazy. Who knew it would hurt this much? Well, I guess the doctor did, but she didn't warn me because she wanted my money! Anyway, I've been somewhat of a grouch all day. I know, I know... it's hard to believe. :)

The kids were in a major crab-fest all day, too. I can almost see Josie's teeth in her bottom gum, so I know what her problem is, but Sadie? Sheesh. She's wearing me down, as Sarah would say. She cried at the drop of a hat today, which is pretty unusual. She's also scared to death of sitting on the counter now (I'm beginning to wonder if someone let her fall off and didn't tell me!). I used to sit her up there and let her legs dangle off the counter while she brushed her teeth or whatever, but now she starts crying, grabs on to me, and pulls my clothes off as she tries to CLIMB up me. It's weird. Maybe she's figuring out that she is not invincible, after all. This is the same girl who likes to climb the bookshelf up the back of the couch, do a backflip over it, and land on her head. I don't get it. I guess we all have our phobias. Mine are too numerous to list here.

Tonight, as she was crying (again) and screaming "No bed! No bed!" while I changed her diaper and put on her PJ's, I started telling her the story of the Three Little Pigs, which she's heard on numerous occasions and LOVES. Her favorite part is, of course, the huffing and puffing and blowing the house down. That's my favorite part, too. Anyway, as I told her the story, I got to the part where the Big Bad Wolf says, "Little Pig, Little Pig, let me come in!" By this time, I had Sadie's attention and so I asked her, "And what did the Little Pig say?" (Bear in mind that the Little Pig is supposed to answer, "Not by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin!") Instead of the usual, universally accepted answer, she yells out, "Oink, Oink!" I laughed out loud. I can't stay mad at Miss Crabbypants for long.

New family picture... Mommy & Daddy Crabbypants, and our two little piggies. :) Sadie obviously wasn't interested in the picture-taking festivities.