Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I'm a Rambling Man... Um, I Mean, Woman

Hello, my devoted readers... I've got to tell you, I'm surprised that so many of you are hooked on my blog. I had no idea that so many of you care about my life! Thanks for all of the emails... I feel like my rambling actually has a receptive audience now (rather than a blank stare from my husband - he's Mr. Logical, and doesn't take well to rambling).

I know I've been posting my little heart out here, but I've been trying to play catch up after my sabbatical trip home. I didn't realize I missed doing this until I started writing yesterday and couldn't stop!

So I just watched my only (the only one I'm admitting, anyway) vice - American Idol. I can't believe I'm still watching it, but now I am totally pulling for Chris Daughtry. I told you a few weeks ago that he's my choice, and man! I am SO sticking with him. Did anyone SEE him tonight? Holy moly. I know, I know, no one cares about this dumb TV show but me. I can't help it.

High for the day: I have now lost 18 pounds! Don't worry... there is still no danger of me floating away in one of these nor'easter winds.

Low for the day: Exhaustion taking over. Overextended... late nights, doing a wedding this weekend (this is one of the bouquets I made) AND coordinating a workshop/seminar AND having company for the weekend. Isn't it bizarre that I still waste 2 hours waiting for Chris Daughtry to sing? Did I mention that he's from NC? ... someone shut me up, please.

Good joke passed on from my sister-in-law Sarah:
A woman was shopping at her local supermarket where she selected a half-gallon of 2% milk, a carton of eggs, a quart of orange juice, a head of romaine lettuce, a 2 lb. can of coffee and a 1 lb. package of bacon. As she was unloading her items on the conveyor belt to check out, a drunk standing behind her watched as she placed the items in front of the cashier. While the cashier was ringing up her purchases, the drunk calmly stated,"You must be single." The woman was a bit startled by this proclamation, but she was intrigued by the derelict's intuition, since she was indeed single. She looked at her six items on the belt and saw nothing particularly unusual about her selections that could have tipped off the drunk to her marital status. Curiosity getting the better of her, she said "Well, you know what? You're absolutely correct. But how on earth did you know that?" The drunk replied, " 'Cause you're ugly."

Thank you, and good night! :)