Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Big 0-2

Well, I am officially the mother of a pre-schooler. I can't believe how fast the past two years have gone by. I also can't remember what I ever did (for fun or otherwise) before I became a mom... That means: a) I never really had that much fun to start with; b) It wasn't really that important; or c) I'm losing it big time, and just can't remember. Fun things that happened today: Sadie got "birthday eggs" to eat for breakfast this morning. We all went to lunch at Chuck E. Cheese, and she got to eat a whole tiny pizza all by herself (with pep-ronis, of course). We then went to Toys-R-Us and her Daddy let her pick out any toy she wanted... a girl after my own heart... she chose a huge box of pretend food to go in her play kitchen! She got TWO whole juice boxes (usually she is rationed to one a day). She talked with Grammie, Papaw, Mamaw, Sarah, and her cousin James on the phone today. She got two birthday emails - one from Josh and one from Melanie. She got a birthday package in the mail (from the south) from my friend Becky... it's this cute little dog with a pink collar. She named her "Bear." She said, "Oh, come and see, see my doggy Bear," which can be a little confusing. She got balloons from Aunt Lydia (and immediately popped the blue one as she was jumping around in sheer delight), and a cool pink hairbrush and hairbows from Melissa (she proceeded to share her glee with Melissa by thunking her in the head with the hairbrush, Ninja-style). She got to play outside (she put a little terra-cotta bird on a big rock and said, very politely, "Would you like to sit here on this rock for just a minute, Bird?" Then when he fell off, she said, "Oh no! Bird, are you okay?" Josie thought this was great, and squealed her approval, so Sadie let her hold Bird for a second. Just a second, though. She got cake after supper, and then a bubble bath to soak off all of the blue icing, which was all over her from the neck up. Josie (not to be outdone) had spinach completely covering the lower half of her face, and somehow managed to paint two little spinach eyebrows on her forehead. I'll post a picture of that asap. High for the day: Sadie saying, "Oh, thank you, Mommy. Thank you so much!" (for her sour-apple ring-pop from the toy store). All in all, it was a good day. They are good kids. They are good for my spirit.