Monday, March 06, 2006

Josie the Joker

This afternoon, after naptime was supposed to be finished, I yelled upstairs: "Sadie, are you awake?" There was a pause, and then a little voice yelled back, "No!" After I stopped laughing, I sat Josie down in her Boppy pillow with a teething biscuit and went upstairs to get Sadie. When we came back down, I saw Josie, but no teething biscuit. Hmm. I looked around her; no biscuit. I looked at her face more closely... and her cheeks were sticking out way too far to be normal. She had smashed the whole thing into her mouth, SIDEWAYS, and was giving me this macabre little 2-toothed grin with teething biscuit drool down the side of her face. Luckily, I was able to get it out before she could try to swallow the thing whole. Every day's an adventure, let me tell you. This evening, we went to see some "baby kit-cats" at Great Uncle Roger's house. Sadie had a grand old time, and only tried to squish one once. Then she went around the entire basement, pointing out everything to her cousin Jessica and asking, "What's that now? What's this now?" She then told her favorite story about feeding the baby cow with Papaw again. I wish my memory were as good as hers. Then she told her favorite story about feeding the baby cow with Papaw again... oh, wait.