Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Pantless Wonder

Josie has reached that developmental stage in which "separation anxiety" is the norm. It's getting ridiculous! She'll be fine until she sees me, then she revs it up and screams her little lungs out until I pick her up or she collapses in a tired, sniveling heap... whichever comes first. She usually wins, I'm ashamed to admit. I'm a pushover, and her cry is so pitiful! It sounds like her little heart will break at any moment if she doesn't get what she wants RIGHT THIS SECOND. I am afraid she's getting the temper from my daddy's side of the family... the same one that he and I both have. Uh-oh. Sadie lucked out and got Jesse's laid-back attitude, but I think Josie is going to be a spitfire.

Today, after I changed Sadie's diaper, she took off running and got away without her pants. I said, "Come back here!" to which she replied, "I'm a pantless wonder!" (Thanks, Aunt Lydia :)

Today at work, I ventured out of the office and helped out on the salesfloor. I was up on a ladder, and I had to stick my head under a hinged-flap cover thing to hold it open while I was grabbing a box from behind it. A customer walked by behind me and said, "Wow. That's really using your head." Ba-dum-bah!

Well, I'm off to do a little voting for you-know-who. I'm such a loser.