Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Big One

Well, today was the big day. I am - gasp - now Thirty. The big 3-0. Funny, I don't feel any older....

It was relatively painless. Actually, it was somewhat enjoyable! Jesse let me sleep in, I got $ for a de-stressing massage from my mama, beautiful flowers from Melanie, $ from my Daddy so I can afford to come home!, a great card from Melissa along with an offer of babysitting :), a Lowe's gift card, hot fudge cake, great jeans, a fabulos-o red silk diaper bag, a card organizer, and (YAY!) a gift certificate to a real, live, SPA for whatever I want! I have been browsing my Menu of Services for the past two hours. Finally, I can get a haircut somewhere other than Great Clips. LOL

Today, Jesse and I went to work on the house after church while the grandparents took the kids home with them (another birthday present). When I walked in, lo and behold, what did I see before me but my VERY OWN CHAISE LOUNGE! The very one I have always wanted! Jesse totally surprised me with it. I can't remember the last time I was that suprised... it was great.

All in all, a good time was had by all (but mainly by ME).