Thursday, August 31, 2006

Park It

So, today we went to the park with Grammie, Becky, James, and Tea. We had a picnic, and the kids had a great time scavenging Sunchips from all adults present. Josie practiced standing up by herself and stuffing her face full of food at the same time. Sadie, James, and Tea ran around like crazy people with sticks... poking trash cans, hunting bees, feeding ducks, and going "clippety-clop" over the bridge.

My favorite part was when we moved over to the playground. Josie had a good old time swinging in the baby swing, and Sadie decided to climb the little round stairs up to the slide platform. These stairs are kind of scary looking - not very sturdy. She didn't know I was behind her, but as she climbed up, very slowly, I heard her talking to herself... "PULL! myself up." (Next step) "PULL! myself up." (Next step) "PULL! myself up." When she got to the top, she stopped, surveyed her situation, and muttered, "Hmm. This is very scary for me."

This is the elusive "Fairy Dogmother."

And this is the new and improved "Corn Queen Josephine."