Monday, September 04, 2006

Day 1

Today, the girls went to the fair (without me - I had to work) and had a great time eating "fair food," sticking their fingers up goats' noses (Josie), and looking out for cowgirls! (Sadie). Then, this evening, we made a paper chain with 30 links - 1 for each day until we go home to NC. Sadie is going to take one off each day until it's time to go for our visit! The chain will help her visualize how long it will be, since she doesn't really have much of a concept of time yet.

Tonight, Josie picked up my camera, whacked herself in the head with it as she held it up to her eye, and said, "Cheese!" (pronounced "chez"). There was a scary 'crunching' underfoot (of Sadie) incident with Sherry the crab... but I think she's okay.

My news? We got our new furniture on Saturday... it's really pretty - I think we're going to like it, and it will look great with my birthday chaise. I'm fasting for 3 days. A nutrionist that I know told me that the best way to cleanse your body from all toxins is to drink/eat nothing but water for 3 days. I started this morning. I am starving. By Wednesday, I think I will have to eat my shoe.

My BIG news? I'm afraid to type it, since I might jinx it, but my Mama interviewed for a job here, and if she gets it, she's moving here! That's all I can say... I'm scared to talk about it.