Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Thingama-crab

My own little hermit crabs....
Sadie has made up her very first word. I think it means "thingamajig" or "whatchamacallit." Her word is... "Podie-Odie." As in, "Where's my podie-odie?" "I can't find my podie-odie." "Mommy, what did you do with my podie-odie?" "Hey! Look at that podie-odie!" It's pretty amusing, I must say.

Another amusing thing that's going on is Josie's new word(s). I tickle her all the time because her little belly laugh is the cutest thing in the world. So now she mimics me and says, "Tick-a-tick-a-tick-a-tick-a!" She also learned to blow her nose, which is pretty impressive for a one year old, I think.

Yesterday, their Grandma brought them each a hermit crab home from the beach. After a trip to the pet store, the crabs now live in virtual crab-luxury. They have a 4 star crab-condo. They have been christened "Sherrie" and "George." Sadie took George out today and held him in her hand, but when George peeked out to say hello, Sadie screamed and flung him up in the air. No wonder they're hermits.