Thursday, August 24, 2006

"Who is Coming to the Zoo?"

Josie kissed me last night, for the first time!!! She's been blowing kisses for a while, but last night while I was rocking her, she leaned in, put her little lips right on mine, and said, "M-wah!" It was the best! Coincidentally, last night was also the first night she's ever gone to bed without her "bedtime bottle." Sigh. My little baby is growing up.

Speaking of babies growing up, Sadie has been quoting every book she has ever read. Yesterday, she said, "Spin new webs! said Spider... I will line the crib with eider," which is a line from "Who is Coming to Our House?" a book about Jesus being born in the manger. Jesse laughed and said, "Guess when I learned that word (eider)? About 2 hours ago when I read that book to her!" It's funny that she already knows it.

Today, we went to the zoo with Aunt Becky, Aunt Cindy, Uncle Darryl, James, and Teagan. Favorites were the seals, the elephants, the camels, and of course, the monkeys. It was lots of fun... the kids had a great time, up until naptime. Then, it was not so much fun! For me, anyway :)

It's only 9:30 and I'm going to bed. As you can see, the march continues onward toward the big 3-0.