Friday, March 09, 2007

Heh Heh

Josie fell flat on her face this afternoon. I was ready for some wailing, but she stayed down for a minute, lifted her head up, looked around and said, "Heh-heh. Fall down! Ouchie! Heh-heh!"

Tonight, after supper, Sebastian was following Sadie and Josie around the house while they were having a parade. Let's just say that the parade excited him just a little too much. Sadie said, "Mommy, why is that pee-pee there? Why does he have that? Why? WHY?" So, I launched into an explanation for her, citing specific words and examples (like how cousin James looks different than she does, because he's a boy and she's a girl) and how Sebastian is a boy too, so he looks different than girl dogs, etc., etc. She listens intently for a while, then somewhere along the line she interrupts me and with a perfect deadpan says, "Mommy. Nevermind." And walks away. Apparently, I put too much thought into it! :)

Tonight, after I got her out of the bathtub, Josie peed all over my foot. She looked down at her legs, looked at my foot, looked up at me, and said, "Heh-heh. Pee-pee!"

Sadie then informed me that in order for her to go potty, she needed "some privacy, please, Mommy." I know the feeling! There's nothing like trying to take a bath while 4 little hands are reaching through the crack in the door and everyone is yelling, "Momm-ee! Whatcha doin' in dere? I need you! Hode me! Hode me!"