Thursday, May 17, 2007

Chicken, Pease!

Tonight, Sadie yanked my sunglasses off the top of my head (I'm forever putting them there and forgetting them... they're like a permanent hair accessory) and said, "Ha ha! I'm a glasses thief! I steal your glasses!" I asked her, "Well, Glasses Thief, what do you do with them when you steal them?" She thought for a second, then said, "Um... I give them back."

The other day during lunch, Jesse & Sadie got a huge kick out of Josie when she kept coming over to me and saying, "Chicken, pease!!! Pease, Mommy? Pease?" Then, when I handed her a piece, she'd shake her head (with the crazy hair) vehemently, run the other way, and yell "Don't want it! Don't LIKE it!" She did this over and over and over again, and Jesse and Sadie were on the other side of the kitchen, cracking up. Josie is a born comedian, I think.

This afternoon, Grandma Beth came over and we all planted our vegetable garden. We are so excited!!! The girls planted almost all the corn single-handedly, and then had a good old time throwing dirt - the dirt here is this gorgeous thick black rich stuff, not like our hard red clay in NC... a plus to Ohio! :) Sadie thought up a new game called "Yank Josie Backwards by her Jacket Hood and Throw Her to the Ground." This bothered me at first, until I realized that Josie was laughing her head off everytime Sadie did it. You just never know what's going to amuse your children, do you?
Physical therapy is going well, although they are kicking my butt... my arms are SO SORE! But I think it's helping (minutely). Home is good, work is good, kids are good... life is good. Busy, but good.