Friday, January 11, 2008

January's Child is full of Funny

Funny things from Sadie:

The other day as I was cleaning, sorting, and categorizing the myriad of baby clothes that we have, Sadie got mad at me. She was being mean, so I put her in time out. She sat there, steaming, getting madder and madder, until finally she exploded, "MOMMY! I AM LOSING MY TEMPERATURE!"

"Over the river and through the woods, to Grandma's house we go... the horse knows the way to carry the sleigh, through the white and DRIPPING snow, OH!"

We went to Chuck E. Cheese the other night to celebrate Sadie's "not having to use her pull-up at night for a week" and Josie's "going in the potty." They had an excellent time, and Josie used her new climbing skills to climb up into the hamster tunnel thing on the ceiling. Sadie had a hey-day getting as many tickets as she could with the Whack-a-Mole and the Spider-Stomp games. Anyway, they kept playing the Chuck E. Cheese version of "Hunka-hunka-Burning Love" (did I mention that Sadie already knows who Elvis is? :) So, when we left, Sadie had that song completely stuck in her head. She kept singing, much to my delight, "I'm just a hunka hunka bird in love, Woo! I'm just a hunka hunka bird in love, WOO!"

We read an article on spider monkeys and Sadie asked me if they spin webs.

After eating one handful after another of peanuts, Sadie said, "I have to go potty. Peanuts make me pee."

Funny things from Josie:

I finally figured out what Josie is saying when she sings our prayer -
God our father, God our father, we thank You, we thank You, for our many blessings, for our many blessings, "God my friend, God my friend," instead of "Amen, Amen."

"Frosty the snowman was a jolly happy so - With a cornpop and a button nose and two eyes made out of coal... "

"God made kangaroos. And mommy kangaroos and baby ones. And daddy ones. But He is not a kangaroo."

"I have a booger! Get it off! Get it off!"