Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Young Love :)

On Friday, we went to the zoo with Melissa and Caroline. We met our friend Maeve and her 3 kids there. It turned out to be a great day, weather-wise, although there were like 50 school buses and a million children there. Sadie and Ian, Maeve's oldest son, hit it off immediately. It was like they had always known each other (which they met when they were TINY... Ian is 5 months older than Sadie and we were all living in NC when they were born). We had a good time; as much of a good time as you can have dragging 7 children around a public tourist destination, that is. Melissa said it was like herding cats. :) Anyway, after we left, Sadie whispered in my ear, "Mommy, I have to tell you something. When I was riding in the double stroller next to Ian, he leaned his head over on my shoulder and guess what he said?" I looked at her and she had this CUTE little front-tooth-missing smile and her little face was blushing. I said, "What did he say?" She said, "He said maybe we could get married some day! I didn't know what to say to him! Hee hee hee hee!" It was the CUTEST thing ever. Sigh. Her first marriage proposal.