Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Here Comes Trouble

Jedidiah is already over two months old... and I love the cute little chubbiness he's turning into. Every morning I hold him close and nurse him and snuggle his warm fuzzy baby cuteness and I think to myself... this is the last time I'll have this kind of newborn love! This realization, of course, always brings tears to my eyes. I have to pretty much force myself to LIVE IN THE MOMENT instead of worrying about the NEXT moment. It's a problem I've dealt with my entire life.

Today I dressed him in a 3-6 month outfit (a red and black plaid flannel fleece :)for the first time and it fit perfectly, which means (gasp) that he is no longer a newborn. Then he proceeded to smile at me a dozen times... those brilliant, light-up-the-room, toothless smiles that take up his whole little face - and my heart just melts for him. Maybe it's because after three others before him, I know just how fast this time will fly by. Or maybe it's because God implanted something in my genetic make-up to force me to bond with (and be enchanted by) his every little "goo" and "booo" and "thhhppt." Whatever it is, the love I feel in my heart - in my entire being - for this little boy is somewhat overwhelming. I don't know what to do with it all! It keeps spilling over from my eyes somehow.